Oh, the Fun That We Have!

Peek a Boo

Peek a Boo
Winnie in Indigo Bluff wildflowers

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Wedding Whirl Wind!

The past five days have been truly amazing with the wedding of our daughter, Jessica to Robert Pierno. Our fears of rain and storms were washed away with sunshine as we watched the couple exchange vows on Chesapeake Bay. 

Rehearsal supper with crab cakes, salmon, and steak was lovely. Families were able to connect, and make new family members. Jess' host family from Brazil traveled to the states for the first time, and included the wedding into their plans. A fun slide show of the children growing into adulthood received many giggles!

Watching Jess interact with her bridesmaids, and ready for her special day brought tears to my eyes. We each had our own little strategy as to how to keep the tears at bay. A special trolley transported us from hotel to the park. The lovely, elderly man who drove was so cute. He played wedding songs, such as, "Going to the Chapel," and had decorated inside and out with the wedding theme. 

I was thrilled to have ALL of my family in attendance, and even my very special friends from Viroqua. Thank you teachers for taking a personal day so soon into the school year. It meant a ton to me!!!!! My father and mother, along with all of my brothers looked stunning, and seemed to enjoy themselves. I saw some tears :)

The excitement is over as Rob and Jess travel off for a "secret" honeymoon. Rob will not let the cat out of the bag! Rick and I are traveling up the coast today headed for Trenton, NJ. We will meet up with Nancy and Ak Lallas in Boston. From there we will continue to travel together to the state of Maine, and then back toward Wisconsin. The adventures just keep on coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment